All Rebuilder Members shall warrant their work in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations governing the automotive aftermarket industry.
A. All Rebuilder members shall issue a written warranty, to include but not be limited to one of the following warranty options: local limited warranty; extended service agreement; ATRA Golden Rule Warranty.
- When a Golden Rule Warranty is issued it will be honored at ALL ATRA member shops (the repair facility being approximately 50 miles beyond the originating shop).
B. Golden Rule Warranty Program
- All Rebuilder Members pledge to warranty any complete rebuilds that they desire to be covered by other Rebuilder Member shops under the terms of the ATRA Golden Rule Warranty Plan.
- All Rebuilder members pledged to warranty under the term plans only transmissions that they have rebuilt in their shop, or a satellite rebuilding shop that they own, and have rebuilt to the standards outlined in "ATRA Minimum Rebuild Standards."
- A Golden Rule Warranty may not be issued by a Rebuilder member for transmissions they have rebuilt and that have been installed in a vehicle by a non-ATRA member shop; a Golden Rule Warranty may not be issued on over-the-counter/carry-out transmissions.
- In those instances where it is unadvisable or undesirable to meet these rebuilding standards, then such transmission work must be described to the customer both verbally and in written form on the repair order as a "transmission repair" and not as "rebuilt", "overhauled", "reconditioned", or any similar terminology.
- Neither the association nor other Rebuilder Members shall be bound to the specific terms of the Golden Rule Warranty plan when work has been warranted on other than association printed or authorized Golden Rule Warranty Forms.
- Other Rebuilder members shall not be bound by or obligated to perform work under the terms of the plan when another member has extended coverage beyond the terms of the originally-issued Golden Rule Warranty.
- Rebuilder Members agree to perform a visual inspection and road test for customers of any Rebuilder member possessing a Golden Rule Warranty, courteously, swiftly, and free of charge. Members may assess a charge up to one (1) hour of diagnostic time for electronic testing and scanning based on the current Golden Rule rate provided the charge is agreed to in advance by the warranting Member.
- When acting as a repairing shop, for a Golden Rule Warranty, Rebuilder members shall obtain the name, mailing address, and phone number of the customer of the warrantor shop before proceeding with the diagnosis and repair.
- Repairing member shop shall secure two authorizations (1st to diagnose and 2nd to do the rework) and these authorizations to be secured before proceeding with any work.
- An ESTIMATOR sheet must be faxed to the warrantor Member shop with the costs for repairs. The Member warrantor shop must read the ESTIMATOR sheet, sign it, date it, & fax it back to the repairing shop and to ATRA within one (1) business day or 24hrs, unless, the repairs are contested by the warrantor shop; in which case the warrantor shop must contact ATRA within that period.
- When the repairs have been completed, the repairing Member shop shall acquire the driver's signature and release the car with no charges to the customer. All repairs must be completed in a timely fashion.
- The repairing Member shop shall then invoice the originating warrantor Member shop in compliance with the plan terms set forth in the Association policies and procedures and the Warrantor member shop must pay repairing shop within five (5) days of the completion of the rework. ATRA shall guarantee payment for such work performed under plan terms.
- The repairing Member shop shall warrant the quality of the work performed to the originating member warrantor shop for 30 days, up to the amount charged for the repair.
- No Rebuilder member shall state, advertise or imply or suggest that the Association is a warrantor for any transmission repair work or parts.
- A transmission unit may not be shipped or returned to the originating Member warrantor shop for repair. However, a replacement transmission may be shipped to the repairing member shop. Once the vehicle is delivered to the customer then the original transmission may be shipped back to the originating warrantor Member shop.
- When a repairing Member shop determines it is unable to meet the terms and conditions of the Golden Rule Warranty, the repairing member shop shall promptly advise the ATRA business office and request instructions.
- In the event a transmission covered under a Golden Rule Warranty, is not rebuilt in conformance to the ATRA Minimum Rebuild Standards, the repairing Member shop shall be required to contact the ATRA business office.
- Warranties will be VOID if altered in any way. They will also be VOID if transferred to any other person or vehicle other than named on front of warranty.